At the heart of the brake motor is KEB’s spring-set brake.
The brakes can be featured with a number of different options including a manual hand release or noise-reduced versions for theater applications.
KEB motors are available with different worldwide voltages and are offered in IE2 or IE3 efficiency levels.
NEMA C-Face flanges are available through 215TC (7.5Hp).
IEC B5 and B14 flanged motors are also available up to IEC size 225 (60Hp).
KEB motors have relatively low inertia making them ideal for high cycle applications such as conveyors or indexers.
KEB motors feature class F insulation and are VFD ready.
KEB brakemotors can be equipped with feedback devices as well. Standard encoder formats supplied are TTL, HTL, Sin/Cos, and BiSS.
KEB brake motors are rated IP54 as standard.
Optional IP65 versions using KEB’s Type 28 spring-set brake are also available for washdown applications.
A variety of different winding configurations are available for different voltage and frequency requirements.
Optional IP65 designs can be supplied.
All KEB spring-set brake options are possible. Notable options include:
• Quiet brake design
• Manual hand release
• Adjustable torque ring
Standard formats offered:
• Incremental (TTL and HTL)
• Voltage class: 230V and 460V are standard (208, 400, 500, 690 available upon request)
• Motor poles: 4 is standard; 2, 6, 8 and multi-pole designs are optional
• Insulation class: F
• TEFC standard
• Duty cycle: S1 continuous standard
• S2, S3, S4 available (Fanless designs)
• Explosion Proof: ATEX Zone 1, 2, 21, or 22 available
• Protection Type: IP54 standard (IP65 optional)
• Operating Temperature: -20 … 40° C
• Maximum altitude: 1000m with possible derate above