The Compact has been designed for applications in industrial environments.
The unit does not have a fan or hard drive and the internal components were selected to ensure long support and availability.
The Compact programs with KEB’s Combivis Studio 6, which conforms to the IEC61131-3 standard.
A programmer has the choice to program in: structured text, ladder logic, function block diagram, instruction list, continuous function chart, or sequential function chart.
The Compact embedded control is an EtherCAT master – capable of coordinated realtime motion control.
The Compact is capable of performing synchronized motion tasks and camming profiles.
Cam profiles can be configured using the editor in Combivis Studio 6.
The Compact has a small footprint and mounts conveniently to a DIN rail.
Fieldbus options allow the Compact to function as a machine subcontrol.
Fieldbus options include: Profibus slave, Profinet slave, EtherCAT slave, Interbus slave, CAN master/slave, and Powerlink slave
As standard, the Compact is equipped with a standard ethernet port (10/100Mbs) and an EtherCAT master port.
Optional communication interfaces can also be selected:
• Powerlink slave
• EtherCAT slave
• Profinet slave
• Profibus slave
• Interbus slave
• CAN master/slave
Different software performance packages can be selected based on application requiremetns. The Compact is offered with:
• Basic – Basic functionality with IEC 61131-3 libraries & KEB Basic libraries.
• Pro – Professional functionality with Basic libraries and cam disks, electronic gearing, and angular synchronous control.
• Input Voltage: 18 – 30 VDC
• Max. Power Input: 3 W
• Digital Inputs: 4
• Digital Outputs: 4
• CPU: SH7269. 32-bit RISC engine incl. floating point unit
• System memory: 256MB flash, bootapplication + files; 32MB RAM, code + data
• Retain memory: 32kB
• Interfaces: 1xRS232/485, 1xEtherCAT Master, 1xEthernet 10/100Mbs, 4x KEB HSP5, and other slaves
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 44 x 125 x 144 mm
• Weight: approx. 260g
• Mounting Type: DIN rail mount
• Wiring System: Cage-Clamp Terminals
• Protection Rating: IP20
• Operating Temperature: -10 … 45 °C
• Storage Temperature: -25 … 70 °C