The F5 control card is available in 3 different performance/feature levels: Basic, Compact, and Application.
So drive performance can be matched to the application requirements.
The F5 was designed with the global market in mind.
The F5 is available in 230, 480, and 690 VAC classes through 1,200 HP.
The F5 VFD uses a modular communication operator concept for ultimate flexibility.
The F5 is able to communicate with: Powerlink, EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP, Ethernet TCP/IP, Profinet, Modbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, CANopen, Interbus, and Sercos.
The F5-Application drive allows the use of KEB’s renowned SCL motor control algorithm.
SCL allows precise speed & torque control without the use of encoder feedback. In certain applications, positioning without encoder feedback is even possible.
The F5 encoders cards are dual channel with different input and output options.
Different versions are available to support different formats, including: Incremental TTL/HTL, Resolver, BiSS, EnDAT, and Hiperface.
The F5 VFD can run with carrier frequencies up to 16kHz and automatically derates if needed.
A 16kHz switching frequency is advantageous for running high speed motors, spindles, and applications with strict audible noise requirements.
The F5 drive is available with different heatsinks – Flat back, fan-cooled, liquid cooled, and push-through.
The heatsink style can be matched to the application and environmental (e.g. dust or fibers) requirements.
A braking transistor can be included in the F5. This is not an external module but is compactly fit in the F5 drive.
Communication operators are modular and can be easily added.
The following interfaces are supported:
• Serial, RS232/485 (DIN 66019-II)
• Modbus TCP
• Ethernet TCP/IP
The following feedback devices are supported:
• EnDAT 2.1
• EnDAT 2.2
Dual channel SIL3-rated Safe-Torque-Off (STO) inputs are available as an option.
The following heatsink options are available:
• Flat back
• Air cooled (fan)
• Liquid cooled
• Push through
Backmount braking resistors can be included through the G housing size. This option reduces the panel footprint.
Backmount EMI filters can be included through the H housing size. This option reduces the panel footprint.
• Power Range: Up to 1200HP (liquid cooled)
• Input Voltage Class: 230, 480,690 VAC Classes
• Overload (30 seconds): Varies by unit. In general, 150%
• Rated Switching Frequency: 2 – 16kHz, varies by unit
• Maximum Switching Frequency: 16kHz with derate
• Motor Types: Induction, PM Servo, Linear, Torque
• Motor Control: V/Hz, SMM™, field-orientated with encoder, ASCL™, SCL™
• Control Types: Velocity, Position, Torque, Homing
• Internal Positioning: Yes. 32-bit register
• Cooling Type: Flat back, Fan, Liquid Cooled, Push Through
• Certifications: cULus, CE
• Protection Rating: IP20
• Rated Altitude: 1000m with derate possible