The motor and gearbox are permanently mounted together with the pinion gear mounted on the motor shaft. This allows for a very compact form factor.
KEB gears are very efficient and are prepared to DIN 3990 specifications.
KEB gearmotors are offered in inline, offset, and right angle configurations – perfect for whatever the application.
The terminal box and power connection locations can also be configured to your application’s need.
KEB’s gearmotor product is extremely flexible and customizable.
Spring-set brakes, flange outputs, encoder, shaft couplers, food-grade lubricants, special paint, low backlash gearing are just a sampling of what is possible.
Either PM servo or Induction motors (IE2 & IE3) are available.
KEB’s helical worm gearing combines the efficiency of a helical gear and the high reduction of a worm gear.
KEB Gearmotor housings are made from cast iron to protect the motor from the harshest environments.
KEB brakes provide power-off brake engagement. The brakes used are KEB’s Type 38 brake which includes common options like a manual hand release and microswitch.
Additionally, a quiet brake can be offered for theatre and stage applications.
KEB motors can be configured with feedback devices. Common formats include: TTL, HTL, resolver, BiSS, and Hiperface.
KEB can provide gearmotors with custom flanges or shafts to facilitate mounting to the machine. It is also possible to provide an output flange or shaft on both output sides.
For use in food production, KEB gearmotors can be provided with food grade lubricants and greases.
For use in washdown or corrosive environments, the gearmotors can be supplied with extra paint protection and seals.
• Voltage Class: 230V and 460V standard (others available upon request)
• Rated Frequency: 60Hz standard (50Hz available upon request)
• Insulation Class: F (inverter ready)
• Duty: S1 continuous (other duties available)
• Motor Efficiency: IE2 & IE3 available
• Output Torque: Up to 12,300Nm
• Brake Option: KEB Spring-set Brake
• Backlash: 10-20 arm/min. as standard. Low backlash option exists
• Protection Type: IP55 standard. Up to IP65 available.
• Maximum Ambient Temperature: 40° C with possible derate
• Elevation: 1000m rated with possible derate