The S6 servo drive offers realtime EtherCAT communication on board.
Other ethernet based communication formats are supported including Profinet IRT, Powerlink, and VARAN.
The S6 is narrow with a compact footprint, allowing the drives to be closely mounted together.
Housing 2 (up to 2.2kW) is only 50mm wide while housing 4 (up to 5.5kW) is only 90mm wide.
As standard, the S6 includes Safe-Torque-Off (STO) and Safe-Brake-Control (SBC) functionality.
Extra safety functionality according to ISO 13849 is available, including: SS1, SS2, SOS, SLS, SLP, SLI, SDI, SSM.
The S6 includes an integrated brake output – rated for 2 Amps @ 24VDC.
The S6 servo drive is extremely flexible when it comes to feedback devices.
The interface is dual channel allowing configuration as input or output. Many formats are supported including: Incremental TTL/HTL, Resolver, EnDAT 2.1, EnDAT 2.2, Hiperface, and BiSS.
The S6 EtherCAT Servo Drive uses the CiA 402 motion control profile. It also supports CAN over EtherCAT (CoE).
EtherCAT communication is supplied as standard.
Optional communication interfaces are:
• Profinet IRT
• CAN (included on all units)
Safe-Torque-Off (STO) and Safe-Brake-Control (SBC) are offered standard.
Optional “Module 2” safety functionality is available, including:
• SS1 – Safe Stop 1
• SS2 – Safe Stop 2
• SOS – Safe Operating Stop
• SLS – Safely-Limited Speed
• SLP – Safely-Limited Position
• SLI – Safely-Limited Increment
• SDI – Safe Direction
• SSM – Safe Speed Monitoring
• Power Range: Up to 5.5kW (Larger sizes should use the F6-K)
• Input Voltage Range: 184 … 528VAC
• Overload, 3 seconds: 250%
• Overload, 60 seconds: 200%
• Rated Switching Frequency: 8kHz
• Max. Switching Frequency: 16kHz with derate
• Motor Types: Induction, PM Servo, Linear, Torque
• Motor Control: V/Hz, SMM™, field-orientated with encoder, ASCL™, SCL™
• Control Types: Velocity, Position, Torque, Homing
• Cooling Type: Fan
• Certifications: cULus, CE
• Protection Rating: IP20
• Rated Altitude: 1000m with derate up to 2000m