The S6 servo drive offers realtime EtherCAT communication on board.
Other ethernet based communication formats are supported including Profinet IRT, Powerlink, and VARAN.
The S6 is narrow with a compact footprint, allowing the drives to be closely mounted together.
Housing 2 (up to 2.2kW) is only 50mm wide while housing 4 (up to 5.5kW) is only 90mm wide.
As standard, the S6 includes Safe-Torque-Off (STO) and Safe-Brake-Control (SBC) functionality.
Extra safety functionality according to ISO 13849 is available, including: SS1, SS2, SOS, SLS, SLP, SLI, SDI, SSM.
The S6 includes an integrated brake output – rated for 2 Amps @ 24VDC.
The S6 servo drive is extremely flexible when it comes to feedback devices.
The interface is dual channel allowing configuration as input or output. Many formats are supported including: Incremental TTL/HTL, Resolver, EnDAT 2.1, EnDAT 2.2, Hiperface, and BiSS.
EtherCAT communication is supplied as standard.
Optional communication interfaces are:
• Profinet IRT
• CAN (included on all units)
Safe-Torque-Off (STO) and Safe-Brake-Control (SBC) are offered standard.
Optional “Module 2” safety functionality is available, including:
• SS1 – Safe Stop 1
• SS2 – Safe Stop 2
• SOS – Safe Operating Stop
• SLS – Safely-Limited Speed
• SLP – Safely-Limited Position
• SLI – Safely-Limited Increment
• SDI – Safe Direction
• SSM – Safe Speed Monitoring
• Power Range: Up to 5.5kW (Larger sizes should use the F6-K)
• Input Voltage Range: 184 … 528VAC
• Overload, 3 seconds: 250%
• Overload, 60 seconds: 200%
• Rated Switching Frequency: 8kHz
• Max. Switching Frequency: 16kHz with derate
• Motor Types: Induction, PM Servo, Linear, Torque
• Motor Control: V/Hz, SMM™, field-orientated with encoder, ASCL™, SCL™
• Control Types: Velocity, Position, Torque, Homing
• Cooling Type: Fan
• Certifications: cULus, CE
• Protection Rating: IP20
• Rated Altitude: 1000m with derate up to 2000m